- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Lightly butter a 9 inch square baking dish or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, ground ginger, and salt until well combined. Pour into your prepared pan and spread to form an even layer.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle dry cake mix over the pecans.
- Mix together the milk and melted butter and spread evenly over the dry cake mix covering as much of the cake mix as possible.
- Bake the cake for about 50-60 minutes or until golden brown around the edges and on top. Cool slightly then serve warm, at room temperature, or cold. Serve if desired with whipped cream, caramel sauce, and nuts.
- Recipe by our friend Swapna @DreamyBaker