Dulce de Leche
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Pour condensed milk into a ceramic baking pan, like a bread shaped pan. Sit pan into a larger baking pan and fill that pan with water creating a water bath. Bake the condensed milk for 3-4 hours, stirring as it bakes every 1/2 hour or so. Cool completely
- Place the flour, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder in a food processor.
- Pulse in the butter, until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Add the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla, and process until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the dough out and press it into a 9-inch diameter tart pan. Trim away any excess.
- Bake the tart shell for 18 to 22 minutes, or until it begins to turn golden brown around the edges. Cool.
- Fill the tart with Dulce de leche. Pour chocolate ganache on top. Smooth the ganache so that it covers all of the caramel. Garnish with flaky sea salt.
- Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Set aside. Heat heavy cream until it’s steaming and right before it starts to boil. Pour over the chocolate chips and let the mixture sit for 1-2 minutes. Stir ganache with a spoon until smooth.
Recipe by our friend Monique @Peaches2Peaches