- Recipe by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, blend 1 ½ cups chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Microwave, in bursts of 20 seconds, stirring in between each burst until blended & smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to pie crust and top with cherry fruit filling. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes on high speed. Pipe swirls around the edges of the pie. Melt ½ cup chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle the melted chocolate over the center of the pie. If desired, sprinkle on sliced almonds & miniature chocolate chips.
- Chill for 30 more minutes before cutting and serving. To get clean cuts, run a sharp knife under hot water, dry, and make a cut. Repeat until all slices of the pie are cut out.
- Serve immediately after being cut.