- Recipe by Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan, stir to combine. Warm the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the chocolate chips have completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the pie crust and spread out in an even layer. Place the pie on a wire rack and set aside to cool at room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Once cooled, top with cherry fruit filling, cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, about 1-2 minutes on high speed. Pipe swirls around the edges of the pie. Melt ½ cup chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle the melted chocolate over the center of the pie. If desired, sprinkle on sliced almonds & miniature chocolate chips.
- Chill for 30 more minutes before cutting and serving. To get clean cuts, run a sharp knife under hot water, dry, and make a cut. Repeat until all slices of the pie are cut out.
- Serve immediately after being cut.