Key Lime Meringue Tart
- Yield: 10 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 45 Minute
- Cook Time: 30 Minute
- Calories Per Serving: 330
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 or 3 drop green food color
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- For Crust: HEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch tart pan without stretching dough. Prick bottom with fork to prevent shrinking. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For Filling: BEAT egg yolks and whole egg in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until frothy. Add sweetened condensed milk and lime juice, beating until blended. Stir in lime peel. Pour into baked tart crust.
- For Meringue: COMBINE 1 tablespoon sugar, cornstarch and water in small saucepan. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Cook and stir on medium heat until mixture is clear. Cool to room temperature.
- For Meringue: BEAT egg whites and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat well after each addition. Add cooled cornstarch mixture gradually and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over top of filling, spreading evenly and sealing to edge.
- BAKE 15 to 17 minutes or until meringue is golden and filling reaches 160°F. Cool 1 hour. Chill at least 30 minutes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size 1 slice, 1/10 of pie, Calories Per Serving 330, Total Fat 14g, Calories From Fat 130g, Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 180mg, Carbohydrates 44g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugar 30g, Protein 7g;Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Calcium 10%, Vitamin C 4%, Iron 6%.
Smucker's (or Jif, or Crisco) is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission; Folgers is a trademark of The Folger Coffee Company, used by permission, and Pillsbury (or Pillsbury's BEST) is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC used under license by The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.