- Prep: Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or spray well with nonstick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the Brownie Base: Melt butter in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the sugars. Add vanilla and espresso power and mix until just combined. Add the eggs, 2 at a time, and whisk until combined. Stir in the flour, cocoa, and salt.Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Lay the oreos over the batter in an even layer – you can break up 2-3 of them to fill in the gaps between the whole oreos. Spoon on and spread the remaining batter out evenly to cover the oreos. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top and sprinkle on the crushed oreos.
- Bake for 48-50 minutes, or until the edges appear set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (it should have moist crumbs rather than runny batter).Let brownies cool completely before frosting
- Make the Frosting: In a medium mixing bowl cream the butter with an electric mixer. Add the softened cream cheese and mix to combine with the butter. Add the powdered sugar and milk and mix until creamy and smooth. Add the pinch of salt, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined. Stir in the crushed oreos.
- Frost the cooled brownies.
- Make the Chocolate Topping: Melt the butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each, until completely melted and smooth. Pour over the frosting layer. Pop the brownies into the fridge for 45 minutes to let the chocolate harden up.
- Serve + Store: Enjoy once the chocolate has set! For clean slices, use a large sharp knife and cut down quickly, wiping the knife clean between each cut.”Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the fridge for up to a week.
- Recipe by our Friend Stephanie Simmons from Blue Bowl Recipes