- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and set aside. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- For cake, add butter and sugar to a stand mixer and cream for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Turn the stand mixer on low and alternate between adding the dry ingredients and milk. Set aside while you make the maple sauce.
- For maple sauce, add ingredients to a small saucepan. Place over medium high heat and stir constantly until butter has completely melted. Set aside.
- Divide the cake batter among 4 ramekins using a medium (roughly 1.5 tbsp) cookie scoop. Each ramekin should get 3 scoops. Stir maple sauce to combine and then add ½ cup maple sauce over cake in each ramekin. Set aside for 5 minutes to let the cake and sauce come together.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar into each ramekin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Prepare the whipped CrÃ¨me FraÃ®che while they cool. In a mixing bowl, add heavy cream, CrÃ¨me FraÃ®che, maple syrup, and vanilla and whisk until medium peaks form. Spoon a dollop into each ramekin. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Recipe by Tyler from Schmidt Happens