- BEAT butter and salt in large bowl with electric mixer. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract and food coloring. Gradually beat in 6 cups powdered sugar. Stir in as much of the remaining sugar as possible with spoon. Stir in peppermint candy.
- TURN onto surface dusted with additional powdered sugar. Gradually knead in enough remaining powdered sugar to make a smooth, easy-to-shape mixture.
- LINE baking sheets with wax paper. Divide into quarters. Shape each quarter into 10 eggs (each about 2 inches long and 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide). Place eggs on prepared baking sheets: cover and chill 4 hours or until firm.
- LINE additional baking sheets with wax paper. Melt candy coating in large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. To coat each egg, insert fork into bottom of chilled egg and dip into warm candy coating; let excess coating drip off. Place on prepared baking sheets; let stand until firm. Decorate as desired with purchased frostings.
- PEANUT BUTTER EGGS: REDUCE butter to 1/4 cup; add 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter. Omit salt, peppermint extract, red food coloring and peppermint candies. Proceed as above.
- Serving Size 1 egg, 1/40 of recipe
- Calories Per Serving 280
- Total Fat 8 g
- Calories From Fat 70 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Sodium 100 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 50 g
- Dietary Fiber 0 g
- Sugars 38 g
- Protein 2 g