- Heat sweetened condensed milk in a nonstick saucepan over medium heat (do not heat
above medium heat). Bring just to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25-30
minutes, stirring constantly, until condensed milk turns rich brown and thickens. Remove
from heat and allow to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Spread caramelized sweetened condensed milk over half of the cookies and sandwich
together with remaining half.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and continue to
microwave for 15-second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip 1/3 of each cookie sandwich into melted chocolate and place on the baking sheet.
Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- Tip: Bakery, or slice and bake refrigerated dough, are great options for this recipe. Try using
sugar cookies or chocolate chip cookies for variation. Alternatively, use bakery double chocolate
cookies and melt white chocolate chips for dipping!