PECAN CRUST (OPTIONAL) – IF USING STORE-BOUGHT SKIP TO FILLING
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter for 30 seconds. Add the powdered sugar and cream for another minute at medium speed. Add ground pecans and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds to incorporate egg. Scrape bowl and make sure egg has been fully incorporated.
- Add the all-purpose flour and mix on low briefly or with a spoon to combine ingredients. Mix just until flour has been fully incorporated.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and press it lightly into a small disk. Leave it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Roll the dough out on a floured counter until it measures about 12 inches in diameter.
- Transfer it to a pie plate or tart pan that measures 9â€ or 10â€. Press the dough on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. If the dough breaks up, it’s totally fine, just use your fingers to patch it up and press it together to bind.
- Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork. Place the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes to let it chill. It’s always best to bake it when it’s cold.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 350ºF. Place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pie crust, and fill it with pie weights, or dried beans.
- Bake the crust in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the parchment with the pie weights, and continue to bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the bottom is golden and baked through.
- If the sides are browning too fast, consider covering it with foil so they don’t burn. Set the crust aside to cool.
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
- Sprinkle 2 1/2 tsp of gelatin over 2 tbsp of cold water. Let it sit for 5 minutes to bloom.
Add the hot water and mix until the gelatin dissolves.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree, the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, the pumpkin spice, and the dissolved gelatin to the bowl.
- Cream the mixture over medium-high speed until creamy and incorporated. You may have to scrape the sides of the bowl to make sure to incorporate it all together.
- Spread the filling inside the cooled down baked crust.
- Place it in the fridge overnight.
WHIPPED CREAM – OPTION – IF USING STORE BOUGHT SKIP TO LAST INSTRUCTION
- Add the cream and the powdered sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer. Whip on medium-high for 2 to 4 minutes, until the cream can hold medium peaks. Add the vanilla extract and mix briefly to combine.
- Pipe or spread the cream on top of the pie. Top with pecans to decorate if desired.