- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT the butter with the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- ADD the flour and cocoa powder and mix until incorporated.
- SCOOP the cookies into balls and chill for 10 minutes.
- USE a teaspoon to form a dent in the center of the cookies, and fill the center with the filling of choice. You can use jam, Dulce de Leche/caramel, Nutella, or whatever you desire.
- BAKE the cookies for 15 to 17 minutes until the edges of the cookie look set. The cookies might look and feel too soft, but they will firm up as they cool down.
OPTIONAL – CARAMEL SAUCE – OVEN METHOD
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Pour sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with foil. Place pie plate in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with about 1/2-inch hot water to surround pie plate.
- BAKE 1 3/4 hours to 2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored. Carefully remove from oven; remove pie plate from shallow pan. Whisk caramel until smooth. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Store any leftover caramel in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature or heat until warm to serve.
- SPRINKLE with flaky sea salt to finish for a salty caramel treat.
Recipe by our friend Camila @PiesandTacos