- Line 2 muffin pans with paper lines. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the toasted coconut for about 15 seconds until it’s a thick crumb consistency. Add in the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and pinch of salt. Mix until totally combined.
- Using a measuring spoon, spoon one tablespoon of coconut graham cracker mixture in each liner. Use the bottom of a small glass to press each crust flat. Once all the crusts are pressed, place the pans in the freezer while you make the cheesecake batter.
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water, stir, and let sit for a few minutes until it thickens. Then, microwave for 35-40 seconds until it is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Sift in the powdered sugar, and beat again until combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Next, slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk and gently mix until combined. Add in the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and gelatin mixture, and gently stir.
- Drain the liquid from the shredded carrots. Similar to using zucchini in zucchini bread, you need to get the excess moisture out. Dump your shredded carrots onto a paper towel or a small kitchen towel. Pull up the corners of the towel, and gently squeeze and twist to remove the extra liquid from the carrots. Add in the carrots and the spices to the cheesecake batter and gently fold them in.
- Grab the muffin pans from the freezer. Using a medium cookie scoop, fill the cups with the cheesecake batter. For smaller, thinner cheesecakes, use all 24 cups. If you want taller cheesecake cups, distribute the batter using only about 20-22 of the liners. Once filled, refrigerate for at least 8 hour, or overnight.
- Keep cold until you’re ready to serve. To help them not stick to the paper liners, you can pop them in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes before serving. When serving, top with whipped cream, more toasted coconut, and candy eggs. Enjoy!
- Recipe by our friend Chrissy @TheHungryKitchenBlog