- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of the pan.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate and butter. Cook over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in sugars until well combined. (Mixture will not be smooth.) Let cool slightly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and espresso powder.
- Slowly add eggs to the chocolate mixture, whisking until combined. Whisk in vanilla. Fold in flour mixture just until combined. Reserve 1 cup (290 grams) batter. Pour remaining batter into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, flaked coconut, and coconut extract. Alternately dollop three-fourths of the condensed milk mixture and half of the reserved brownie mixture by 2 teaspoonfuls onto batter in pan. Using the tip of a sharp knife, gently swirl together, being careful not to overmix. Alternately dollop remaining condensed milk mixture and remaining reserved batter on top of mixture in pan, and carefully swirl, being careful not to overmix.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted comes out with a few moist crumbs, 55 minutes to 1 hour, loosely covering with foil after 25 minutes of baking to prevent excess browning. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars to serve.
- Recipe by our friends @TheBakeFeed