- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice to ensure there are no clumps. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, molasses, sweetened condensed milk, and milk to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until the ingredients are fully blended. Slowly pour into the dry ingredients mixture by creating a well in the center. Fold gently to incorporate, until only a few faint streaks of flour remain.
- Preheat a pan or griddle to medium-low heat. Place a small square of butter on the surface to melt, if desired.
- Once the pan has preheated, scoop 1/4 – 1/3 cup of the pancake batter onto its surface. Let cook for 1 minute 30 seconds, allowing small bubbles to form and pop. Flip, then allow to cook until a dark golden brown, another minute on the second side.
- Transfer to a serving tray. Repeat with the remaining batter, cooking several at a time if desired.
- To make the caramel for the topping, add the sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, and vanilla extract to a small sauce pot.
- Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove from the heat, then add the butter in cubes, baking powder, and salt. Stir well with a heatproof spatula. Let sit for 30 seconds, then stream in the half and half cream.
- Stir well. Set aside to cool.
- By hand (or using a hand or stand mixer) whip the heavy cream in a large bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form, about five minutes on high speed. In three additions, gently fold the cooled caramel into the whipped cream
- Dollop the caramel cream onto each serving of pancakes and serve.
Recipe By Our Friend Angelina From Sugar Butter Flour Bakery