- Mix warm milk, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and your yeast together and let sit for 10 minutes until bubbly and foamy
- In a microwave safe bowl mix together butter,condensed milk, and molasses. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between, until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Add in egg, ginger, cinnamon, and clove. Then add in your yeast milk mixture. Stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour and salt. Then add your dry mixture into your wet mixture. Mix until fully incorporated. You should have a very soft dough.
- Tip dough onto an oiled surface, oil your hands and knead dough until the dough becomes smooth and elastic and not sticky.
- Place in an oiled bowl, spray plastic wrap with cooking spray and cover bowl. Place in a warm place to rise for 1- 2 hours until doubled in size, see notes.
- Once dough has doubled in size, tip dough out onto an oiled work surface use a rolling pin and roll into a rectangle approximately 9 inches wide by 18 inches long. Spread soft butter over the dough. Then take your brown sugar and mix it with your, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and clove. Sprinkle your sugar mixture all over the softened butter.
- Starting on the long side of your rectangle, tightly roll your dough into a tight cylinder. Using either a sharp knife or unflavored floss, cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place in a greased 9×13, cover again with greased plastic wrap, and let rise for 1-2 hours until doubled in size. Feel free to use our same tip in notes for helping dough rise in a warm oven.
- While your dough is rising, prepare your frosting. Using a hand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add in 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, beat until smooth. Add in powdered sugar, beat until smooth. Set aside for later.
- When cinnamon rolls are done rising, Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take your remaining condensed milk and baste your cinnamon rolls with it. If your condensed milk is too thick, microwave it for 15 seconds and then baste your cinnamon rolls with it.
- Bake your cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then spread your frosting over top. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by our friends Dianna & Alyssa