- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a 9” pie plate and cover with foil.
- Place the pie plate in a shallow baking or roasting pan. Add approx. 1 inch
hot water to the pan and place in the preheat oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until thick and caramel-colored. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in increments of 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Separate eggs and place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Place the egg yolks in large bowl.
- Pour a small amount of the melted chocolate into the egg yolks and whisk to temper and blend.
- Once tempered, add the remaining chocolate to the egg yolks, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Whip the egg whites, starting out on low and gradually increasing the speed to medium-high, until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes.
- Fold the whipped whites into the chocolate until blended.
- Lightly grease a medium (10-12”) cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Pour the brownie batter into the skillet and spread evenly along the bottom.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are set. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve your skillet brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and drizzled with dulce de leche. Grate some chocolate (optional) over your brownie for a pretty garnish.