- As always, gather, weigh out, and prepare all ingredients prior to mixing. Preheat the oven to 375 ÌŠf/190 ÌŠc with rack in the center position. Spray a 9-inch square pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil and sugar until combine. Now add eggs, whisking one at a time until fully incorporated. Now add Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Using a ruler spatula, add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, in thirds, stirring gently just combined. Caution to not over mix. Now is the time to add the brewed coffee and continue stirring until the cake batter is velvety smooth.
- Pour cake batter into your prepared baking pan. Tap the pan on the counter a few times to pop any air bubbles and place in your preheated oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer/ toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a baking rack. Allow the cake to cool completely (1-3 hours) before frosting.
- Prepare your stand mixer with a fitted whisk attachment, and whip the butter on medium-high speed for 5-7 minutes. The butter should double in size and lighten in color. Now add the espresso powder, vanilla, and salt and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Increase the speed to medium and start to slowly pour in the Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk in a slow, steady stream, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl throughout the process. The sweetened condensed milk sometimes gathers at the bottom of the bowl, so be sure to incorporate everything.
- Once fully incorporated and is a silky, spreadable consistency, you are ready to ice your cake.
DALGONA SUGAR CANDY
- As always, gather, weigh out, and prepare all ingredients and equipment prior to making. Preparation is essential fo this recipe as it goes very quickly. Lined sheet pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan over low heat, add sugar and melt, occasionally stirring with a wooden chopstick or skewer, until the sugars temperature reaches 300 degrees F.
- Immediately remove sugar from heat and whisk in the baking soda until combinedâ€”the candy will bubble up and turn a light golden-brown color.
- Immediately pour the dalgona candy mixture onto the prepared sheet panâ€”don’t doddle as it will start to set up quicklyâ€”and allow to cool for at least 1-3 hours before breaking into pieces.
- Place cake on your chosen serving dish, board, or platter. Generously spread the buttercream onto the cake using an offset spatula or spoon, and don’t be shyâ€”you want this to be a very thick layer of buttercream. Finish off the cake with all different size pieces for your dalgona candy and if you like, add some additional shaved chocolate as well. Now it’s time to snack away. Enjoy!