- Place cranberries, sugar, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium low heat for about 10-15 minutes, stirring every now and then. If the jam is getting dry, consider adding a tablespoon of water for the right consistency. Once the jam is thick and cranberries have fallen apart, move to a bowl. Cover and let it chill in the fridge.
- Place the chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips) in a microwave safe dish, and microwave it for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate has melted entirely. Set aside to cool down for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Cream it for 2 minutes at medium-high speed, until fluffy.
- Add the melted and cooled down chocolate to the cream cheese, along with the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Cream for 1 minute over medium speed until incorporated. Scrape the bowl and cream for another 30 seconds.
- Spread the cooled down jam on the bottom of the pre-baked pie crust. Pour the chocolate filling on top. Use a spatula to spread it evenly. Place it in the fridge overnight.
WHIPPED CREAM (Homemade or Store Bought)
- Add the cream and the powdered sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer. Whip on medium-high for 2 to 4 minutes, until the cream can hold medium peaks. Add the vanilla extract and mix briefly to combine. Pipe or spread the cream on top of the pie. Top with sugared cranberries to decorate if desired.
SUGARED CRANBERRIES (OPTIONAL)
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan, place it over medium heat, and stir until the sugar melts and the mixture almost comes to a boil.
- Turn the heat off. Place the cranberries in the saucepan with the syrup, stir them gently to coat. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cranberries. You can either discard the syrup, or use it to sweeten drinks.
- Place the cranberries on a rack, make sure they aren’t stuck together. Let the cranberries dry for 1 hour.
- Place the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Roll the cranberries in the sugar and set them aside. The cranberries will last for up to 5 days on the counter if covered.
- Store the pie in the fridge for up to 5 days.