CREATE THE BROWN BUTTER:
- In a medium saucepan- melt 1/2 cup butter on medium-high heat. After 2-3 of boiling, foam will begin to form. After another 2-3 minutes, the foam will separate and brown speckles will appear at the bottom of the pan. Swirl the pan a few times to ensure the brown speckles have formed and take the butter off the heat and pour in a medium glass bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool and solidify for 1-2 hours. To speed up the process- place in the freezer for 30 minutes then sit out to come to room temperature. You want the butter to be solidified yet spreadable and softened.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees. Prepare a 10 cup bundt pan by brushing the inside (into all of the nooks and crannies) with 1 tablespoon of melted butter and a pastry brush, then lightly dust the buttered pan with an even layer of flour- dust off excess flour into trash can (not sink).
- In a medium bowl- combine all-purpose flour, chai spice mix, baking powder, salt and whisk to combine. Set aside
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment- beat butter and sugars on medium speed for 2-3 minutes or until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a medium bowl- combine sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk until combined. Add wet mixture to the butter & sugar mixture and mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until combined. May look lumpy or curdled but it will come together once you add the flour.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 seconds- careful to not over mix the batter. Stop the mixer when a few ribbons of flour are visible and finish by folding the batter with a spatula.
- Evenly distribute the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 50-55 min. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes in the pan before turning the cake pan upside down to release the cake. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before serving.
PREPARE THE GLAZE:
- In a medium saucepan on medium combine the sweetened condensed milk, butter, sugar and salt and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes. Take the saucepan off the heat and add vanilla and confectioners sugar- whisk until smooth. Immediately pour glaze over the bundt cake and serve.
Recipe by Candice Ward at Eat More Cake