- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 1 cup (200 grams) sugar at medium-high speed until smooth, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. With mixer on low speed, slowly add sweetened condensed milk, beating until well combined, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture to butter mixture, 1 cup at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Divide dough in half (about 750 grams each). Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 4 rimmed baking sheets with parchment.
- Working with 1 disk at a time, divide dough into 40-gram portions. Roll portions into balls, and roll in remaining ½ cup (100 grams) sugar. Working quickly, firmly press dough balls with desired cookie stamp*. Remove excess dough from cookie press as needed. Place about 1 inch apart on prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- Bake until edges start to turn golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely on pan.
- Recipe by our friends @thebakefeed