CARAMELIZED WHITE CHOCOLATE:
- Preheat the oven to 250 F. Into a clean, 13 x 9â€ aluminum cake pan, break up the white chocolate into small pieces by hand (alternatively you can chop them before).
- Bake for 15 minutes then, using a rubber spatula, smooth the chocolate around. Do this again after another 10 minutes, and then again 10 minutes later – you’ll want to do at least four turns in total to ensure even browning.
- Spoon chocolate into a food processor and process on high for a few minutes. Scrape down, then process for another 3-5 minutes until no lumps remain.
- Spread it onto a parchment lined pan and let set at room temperature until hard OR go into step 2 below with the warm caramelized chocolate.
- If the chocolate was cooled after caramelizing, break up the chocolate into small pieces and add it to a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 30-60 seconds, until it starts to melt. Stir it and repeat the step.
- Line a 13 x 9â€ sheet cake pan or an 8Ã—8â€ square pan with parchment paper (the latter will yield taller, thicker pieces).
- Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and stir. Return it to the microwave for another 30 seconds, then stir until you have a smooth â€˜ganache’ like texture. You can add salt and vanilla at this point if you like.
- Pour it into the prepared pan and add candy if you like. Let set at room temperature for about 8 hours or in the fridge for two. Slice and wrap in wax paper. Store at room temperature.
Recipe by our friend Sam at Buttermilk By Sam