- PECAN CRUST:
- Begin by preheating oven to 325F & grease & line a 9″ pan.
- Blend graham crackers in a food processor until fine. Add pecans to food processor & blend until there are no more large chunks.
- Mix in melted butter until evenly distributed & press on the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes while you make the cheesecake.
- CARAMEL CHEESECAKE:
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in eggs & beat for a few minutes, making sure the cream cheese doesn’t stick to the sides of
- Add in sweetened condensed milk & beat until smooth.
- Mix in sour cream, caramel & salt until fully combined.
- Pour over crust & bake for 35-40 minutes, until edges are golden brown & center is almost firm
(just a tiny bit jiggly).
- Allow to cool completely & refrigerate before slicing.
- APPLE TOPPING:
- Peel & chop apple/s to desired size.
- Place all ingredients, besides pecans, in a pan over medium heat & cook until apples are tender.
- Remove from heat & allow to cool completely.
- Add in pecans & place on top of cheesecake bars. Top with an extra drizzle of caramel!
- *Easiest to make in a spring-form pan so you can easily remove it.*Can be made in a circle pan & cut into slices as well.*Topping is best served fresh.*Best stored refrigerated in an airtight container for up to a week.*
- Recipe by our friend Bernice at Baran Bakery