- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter, powdered sugar and salt in large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Press with floured hands evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- MELT chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in almond extract. Spread evenly over shortbread.
- GARNISH with almonds; press down firmly. Chill 3 hours or until firm. Cut into bars.
- *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
- Serving Size 1 piece of 24
- Calories Per Serving 240
- Total Fat 15 g
- Calories From Fat 130 g
- Saturated Fat 9 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 25 mg
- Sodium 110 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 28 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 20 g
- Protein 3 g