- Place heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip, starting out on low speed and gradually increasing the speed to medium-high, until soft peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of the whipped cream from the bowl, place in a sealable container, and refrigerate until ready to assemble the affogato.
- Add the hazelnut spread and the sweetened condensed milk to the bowl with the remaining whipped cream. Whip on medium speed until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf pan or 2-quart container, cover, and freeze until firm, about 6 hours to overnight.
- Scoop hazelnut ice cream into glasses and drizzle with brewed espresso or coffee. Dollop or pipe with reserved whipped cream and sprinkle with hazelnuts before serving.