Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minute
- Cook Time: 50 Minute
- Calories Per Serving: 300
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1-inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired.
- SOUR CREAM TOPPING: COMBINE 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in medium bowl. After pie has baked 30 minutes at 350ºF, spread evenly over top. Bake 10 minutes.
- FAVORITE TOPPINGS
- STREUSEL TOPPING: COMBINE 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped nuts. After pie has baked 30 minutes at 350ºF, sprinkle evenly over top. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE: MELT 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon shortening in small saucepan over low heat. Drizzle or spread over top of baked pie.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size 1 slice, 1/8 of pie, Calories Per Serving 300, Total Fat 11g, Calories From Fat 100g, Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 430mg, Carbohydrates 45g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugar 32g, Protein 7g;Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 170%, Calcium 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Iron 8%.
Smucker's (or Jif, or Crisco) is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission; Folgers is a trademark of The Folger Coffee Company, used by permission, and Pillsbury (or Pillsbury's BEST) is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC used under license by The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.