Butterscotch Apple Dip
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 5 Minute
- Cook Time: 0 Minute
- Calories Per Serving: 260
- 6 apples, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch chips and salt in heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat; stir until chips are melted.
- REMOVE from heat; stir in vinegar and cinnamon. Serve warm with apples.
- To Reheat: Combine desired amount of sauce with small amount of water in small heavy saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until heated through.
- Can be served warm over ice cream. Can be made several weeks ahead.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch chips and salt in 1-quart glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 3 or 3 1/2 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cinnamon.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size 1/2 apple plus dip, Calories Per Serving 260, Total Fat 8g, Calories From Fat 70g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 95mg, Carbohydrates 45g, Sugar 29g, Protein 4g;Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Calcium 10%, Vitamin C 6%, Iron 0%.
Smucker's (or Jif, or Crisco) is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission; Folgers is a trademark of The Folger Coffee Company, used by permission, and Pillsbury (or Pillsbury's BEST) is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC used under license by The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.