Peanut Butter Blocks
- Yield: About 3 pounds
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/4 cups Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornstarch, sifted
- 1 pound vanilla-flavored candy coating
- 2 cups finely chopped peanuts
- LINE 9-inch square pan with wax paper.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, water, vanilla and salt in heavy saucepan; stir in cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and smooth.
- ADD candy coating; cook and stir until melted and smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- CHILL 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; roll firmly in peanuts to coat.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, water, vanilla and salt in 1-quart glass measure; stir in cornstarch. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 2 minutes; mix well. Melt candy coating in 2-quart glass measure on MEDIUM (50% power) 3 to 5 minutes, stirring after each minute. Add peanut butter mixture; mix well. Proceed as above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 block of 48), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 8g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.