Choose-a-Color Popcorn Treat
- Yield: about 16 cups
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (3 oz.) package cherry or other flavored gelatin
- HEAT oven to 300ºF. Line large shallow roasting pan with heavy foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter foil.
- REMOVE all unpopped popcorn. Pour popcorn into prepared pan. Keep warm in oven.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk and dry gelatin in medium saucepan. Heat and stir over low heat until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly, 4 to 5 minutes.
- POUR mixture over popcorn. Stir gently to coat using a long-handled wooden spoon. Bake 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Carefully turn out onto large piece of lightly buttered foil. Cool. Break into pieces or clusters.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cup of 16), Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.