Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Cupcakes
- Yield: 2 dozen
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minute
- Cook Time: 25 Minute
- Calories Per Serving: 240
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoon crushed peppermint candies
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant Devil's food or chocolate flavored pudding and pie filling mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup water
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Prepare cake mix according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake and according to package directions. Cool completely on wire rack.
- BEAT cream in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Combine sweetened condensed milk, milk, pudding mix and peppermint extract in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream until evenly blended. Chill 5 minutes or until thickened.
- SPOON into large decorating bag fitted with large star tip. Starting at outside edge of cupcakes, pipe frosting in a circular pattern, moving toward the center, to create a swirl effect on top of each cupcake. Sprinkle lightly with peppermint candies. Chill until ready to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size 1 of 24 cupcakes, Calories Per Serving 240, Total Fat 12g, Calories From Fat 100g, Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 210mg, Carbohydrates 32g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugar 22g, Protein 4g;Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Calcium 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 6%.
Smucker's (or Jif, or Crisco) is a trademark of The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission; Folgers is a trademark of The Folger Coffee Company, used by permission, and Pillsbury (or Pillsbury's BEST) is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC used under license by The J.M. Smucker Company, used by permission.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.