- Roast 2-3 whole sweet potatoes at 400ºF for 45-60 minutes or until tender. Let cool to touch, peel skin and mash. Once mashed, measure out two cups and combine with butter. Increase oven to 425ºF while you prepare the pie.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, spices and salt. Stir into mashed sweet potato.
- In a separate bowl, whisk two eggs with Eagle Brand® Evaporated Milk. Gradually whisk into the pie filling.
- Add pie filling into 9″ pie crust of choice. We used Simply Recipes Sour Cream Homemade Pie Crust. Recipe can be found here: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/sour_cream_pie_crust/
- Bake pie at 425ºF for the first 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350º F and bake for an additional 35-40 minutes.
- When the pie is finished baking, the crust should be golden brown, outer edges firm and center should appear somewhat wobbly. The center will continue to cook through and firm up as the pie cools down to room temperature.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon and/or ice cream! Bon appÃ©tit!