- HEAT oven to 425°F. Beat hot yams and 1/4 cup butter in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, orange peel, vanilla, nutmeg, salt and egg; mix well. Pour into crust.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Prepare Pecan Topping while pie is baking.
- BEAT together egg, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter and maple flavoring. Stir in pecans.
- REMOVE pie from oven; reduce oven to 350°F. Spoon Pecan Topping onto pie.
- BAKE an additional 25 minutes or until set. Cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with orange peel twist if desired.
- Serving Size 1 slice, 1/10 of pie
- Calories Per Serving 420
- Total Fat 23 g
- Calories From Fat 200 g
- Saturated Fat 8 g
- Trans Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Sodium 250 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 50 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 35 g
- Protein 7 g