- PREPARE a 8 x 8 -inch baking dish, line with foil or waxed paper leaving edges to hang over the side that will help in getting the fudge out of the pan once it’s hardened.
- HEAT a skillet over medium high heat. Add pecans and butter. Stir constantly until butter is melted and pecans start to toast slightly, about 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sweet potato to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture begins to bubble.
- REMOVE from heat, add vanilla and stir. Add baking chips and stir until melted. Immediately stir in about 3/4 of the buttered, salted pecans reserving remaining 1/4 for the top of the fudge.
- POUR mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- COVER and place in refrigerator 2 hours or until firm.
- Recipe Credit to Jackie Garvin from Syrup and Biscuits