- Portion sugar cookie dough and bake according to the instructions on the packaging. Once baked, set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Place butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip, on medium, for 3-4 minutes or until the butter is fluffy and has doubled in size.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk in 1/3 increments, waiting until it has been whipped into the butter before adding the next batch.
- Add the cream cheese and crushed freeze-dried strawberries to the bowl and continue to whip until smooth and blended.
- Divide filling between the bottoms of half of the cookies, either using an ice cream scoop or piping bag, and top with the remaining cookies.
- Sprinkle the filled cookies with a little reserved, crushed, freeze-dried strawberries before serving. If your kitchen is especially toasty and warm, place the cookies in the refrigerator to firm-up the filling before serving.