FUNFETTI COOKIE CRUST
- Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer for 1 minute at medium speed. Add the sugar and beat for another minute. Add the egg white, the vanilla, and almond extract and mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the bowl and mix to combine. Finally fold the sprinkles in with the dough.
- Press the dough on the bottom of a 9â€ springform pan, and up the sides at least 2 inches. Place it in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake the dough straight from the freezer for about 15 minutes, until golden around the edges, and slightly golden in the center. Remove from the oven and set it aside to cool slightly while you make the cheesecake batter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for 4 minutes, until very fluffy and creamy. Add the Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk and beat for another minute until completely incorporated.
- To a separate bowl, add the eggs, and break them up with a fork and mix them gently together. Add the eggs to the cheesecake batter. Beat minimally with the mixer, just until incorporated. After adding the eggs you’ll want to mix the batter as little as possible.
- Add the lemon juice, the vanilla and almond extracts, and mix to combine. Once the batter is ready, pour the sprinkles in and fold with a spatula once or twice just until mixed.
- Pour the batter on the bottom of the cheesecake pan with the pre-baked crust.
- Wrap the bottom of the pan with foil, and place the pan on a larger oven-safe pan. Add water to the pan, to create a water bath. This is just to guarantee that the cheesecake won’t crack. Even though this cheesecake is very unlikely to crack in the first place, but this is just an extra assurance.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 45 to 55 minutes until the edges are set and browned, and the middle is slightly jiggly, but it looks set. Start checking at the 45 minute mark, and then check every 5 minutes, to ensure the cheesecake won’t be over baked.
- Turn the oven temperature off and prop the door open. Let the cheesecake sit in there for about 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and run a knife around the edges to detach the cheesecake from the sides of the pan and prevent any cracking. Place the cheesecake in the fridge and let it chill overnight.
- Whip the heavy cream with a mixer on medium high speed for about 3 minutes.
- Before serving, pipe the heavy cream on top of the cheesecake. I also topped my cheesecake with store-bought sprinkles cookies and chocolate eggs.
- Store the cheesecake for up to 4 or 5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze the cheesecake for up to 1 month.
- Use jimmies style sprinkles, not non pareils, which are the little balls. Those little balls will dissolve and dye the dough and the cheesecake.
Recipe by our friend Camila Hurst from Pies and Tacos