- Line a 13×9 inch casserole dish with wax paper and lightly spritz with cooking spray.
- Place evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla in a large pot, whisk to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer over medium heat. Once simmering, set a timer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep an eye on the simmering mixture, it may bubble over if the temperature becomes too hot. If boiling, simply reduce theheat until the mixture calms back down into a low simmer.
- Remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cool, at room temperature, for another 10 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and butter, continuously stir until the butter and the chocolate chips have melted and combined. The fudge mixture should be thick, smooth, and shiny.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared casserole dish and spread out in an even layer.
- Let the fudge rest at room temperature for 15 minutes before placing in the refrigerator, uncovered. Refrigerate until the fudge is firm, about 2-3 hours (or overnight), before slicing and serving.
This fabulous, fantastic fudge recipe is divinely rich, creamy, and oh-so chocolatey. No need for
any of those candy thermometers, no need for double boilers, and no need to stir and stir until
you feel your arm may fall off. This fudge recipe is as easy as fudge can get.
Yes, you can make fudge with just 5 ingredients! The combination of Eagle Brand Evaporated
Milk and salted butter add that tell-tale richness we all love with old fashioned fudge. Semi-
sweet chocolate chips (feel free to use dark chocolate chips too!), vanilla extract, and
granulated sugar round out the remaining ingredients, keeping our shopping list short and
This fudge is best stored and kept refrigerated, as it will become softer in warmer room
temperatures. We find the refrigerator storage a big perk, contributes to a much longer shelf life
(about 2 months for our refrigerator fudge) than room-temperature fudge (which’ll last about 1-2
- Serving Size 1
- Calories Per Serving 445
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 23 mg
- Sodium 253 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g