Dulce de Leche:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Pour condensed milk into a ceramic baking pan, like a bread-shaped pan. Sit the bread pan into a larger baking pan and fill that pan with water creating a water bath. Bake the condensed milk for 3-4 hours, stirring as it bakes every 1/2 hour or so. Cool completely.
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F. Add muffin liners to 2 cupcake pans.
- In a stand mixer, add oil and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients. While mixing, add in the buttermilk.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake wells 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, use an apple corer or a knife to cut a deep hole in the middle of the cupcake. Save the cake that’s cut out. Place Dulce de leche in a pastry bag. Cut off the tip so there’s a small opening. Pipe about 1-2 teaspoons in each cupcake. Top with the cake that was cut out. Pipe chocolate frosting on top of the cupcake. Sprinkle with cocoa nibs or chocolate sprinkles.
- Add butter and cocoa to a stand mixer. Alternately add powdered sugar and heavy cream, beating to spreading consistency.â€¨Add a small amount of additional heavy cream, if needed. Stir in vanilla. Add frosting to a pastry bag with the desired tip or just cut off the bottom of the bag.
Recipe by our friend Monique @Peaches2Peaches