- MELT chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in cherries and almond extract. Chill 30 minutes.
- DIVIDE in half; place each portion on a 20-inch piece of wax paper. Shape each into 12-inch log. Roll in nuts. Wrap tightly; chill 2 hours or until firm.
- REMOVE paper; cut into 1/4-inch slices to serve.
- MICROWAVE METHOD
- COMBINE chips and sweetened condensed milk in 2-quart glass measure. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at least once during heating. Stir in cherries and extract. Chill 1 hour. Proceed as above.
- *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
- Serving Size 1 slice, 1/96 of recipe
- Calories Per Serving 60
- Total Fat 3 g
- Calories From Fat 25 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 5 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 6 g
- Protein 1 g