- Press the premade sugar cookie dough into an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 22-24 minutes. The cookie will still be soft to the touch but will harden as it cools.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Pour the entire 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk into a small oven-safe dish and cover tightly with foil. Place the dish into a slightly larger dish, and fill the larger dish about half way up with water. Pop into the oven and bake for 90 minutes. After 90 minutes, it should be a rich caramel color. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then give it a few good whisks until smooth.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk caramel on top of the cooled cookie and spread into an even layer. Chill for at least 2 hours (the longer, the better).
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Pour onto the caramel and carefully spread it out into an even layer. Chill for about 30 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Allow the bars to sit out of the fridge for about 15 minutes before slicing. Cut carefully with a warm knife, cleaning after every few cuts. Refrigerate any leftovers.