- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine flour and sugar in small bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- MELT 1 cup chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in medium saucepan. Cool slightly. Beat in egg. Stir in almonds and almond extract. Spread over partially baked crust.
- BAKE an additional 25 minutes or until set. Cool.
- MELT remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips with shortening in small saucepan. Drizzle over bars. Chill 10 minutes or until set. Cut into bars.
- *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
- Serving Size 1 bar of 36
- Calories Per Serving 190
- Total Fat 11 g
- Calories From Fat 100 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 20 mg
- Sodium 50 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 20 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 14 g
- Protein 4 g