- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed.
- Add the pumpkin and beat some more
- Add in the dry ingredients and turn on the standing mixer and mix on a low-medium speed.
- As it’s mixing, pour in the buttermilk and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill each cupcake well 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate condensed milk for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Add butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for 1 minute. Add condensed milk and mix again.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time. Then add chai tea. Mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Add more powdered sugar if it’s not stiff enough 1/2 cup at a time. Add frosting to a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe frosting in a circular motion on top of cupcakes. Sprinkle with pumpkin spice.
Recipe by Monique Polanco from Peaches to Peaches