Vanilla Ice Cream
- Yield: About 1 1/2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minute
- Cook Time: 0 Minute
- Calories Per Serving: 220
- 4 cup (2 pts.) half-and-half or light cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- COMBINE all ingredients in container of ice cream maker; mix well.
- FREEZE according to manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze leftovers.
- PEACH ICE CREAM: REDUCE vanilla to 1 tablespoon; add 1 teaspoon almond extract and 4 drops yellow and 2 drops red food coloring, if desired. Add 2 cups mashed fresh or frozen peaches, thawed or 1 (16 oz.) can peaches, drained and mashed. Proceed as above.
- BANANA ICE CREAM: REDUCE vanilla to 1 tablespoon; add 2 cups mashed bananas (4 medium). Proceed as above.
- REFRIGERATOR-FREEZER METHOD
- OMIT half and half. Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl. Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, whipped (DO NOT use non-dairy whipped topping). Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container. Cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size 1/2 cup, 1/12 of recipe, Calories Per Serving 220, Total Fat 12g, Calories From Fat 110g, Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 65mg, Carbohydrates 23g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugar 20g, Protein 5g;Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Calcium 15%, Vitamin C 2%, Iron 0%.