Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minute
- Cook Time: 2 Hour
- Calories Per Serving: 230
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Do not heat in can.
- OVEN METHOD
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Pour sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with foil. Place pie plate in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with about 1/2-inch hot water to surround pie plate.
- BAKE 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored. Carefully remove from oven; remove pie plate from shallow pan. Whisk caramel until smooth. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Store any leftover caramel in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature or heat until warm to serve.
- STOVETOP METHOD
- POUR sweetened condensed milk into top of double boiler. Place over boiling water and cover. Simmer 1 1/2 to 2 hours over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and caramel-colored.
- REMOVE from heat. Whisk caramel until smooth. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Store any leftover caramel in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature or heat until warm to serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size 1/8 of recipe, Calories Per Serving 230, Total Fat 5g, Calories From Fat 45g, Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 70mg, Carbohydrates 40g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugar 40g, Protein 5g;Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Calcium 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Iron 0%.