2/3 cup chopped chocolate , or chocolate chips
1 can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 large egg, whites
3 1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped chocolate, or chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl, add the Eagle Brand® Condensed Milk, egg white, coconut, and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
3. Use a spoon or a cookie scoop to form mounds of the mixture and place them a couple of inches apart on the baking sheet.
4. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until set.
5. Once the macaroons cool down, dip them in the remaining melted chocolate if you wish. You can also drizzle some chocolate on top.
Store the macarons at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Notes: To make this a fun Easter recipe, use the back of a teaspoon to form an indentation on the scooped cookies before baking. Then immediately after baking, place some Easter egg chocolate candies on top of the cookies