Tropical Fruit Trifle
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (6 oz.) container key lime or lime flavored yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (11.5 oz.) prepared pound cake, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups bite-size fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries, pineapple cubes, mango cubes, sliced kiwifruit and sliced banana, divided
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted*, divided
- STIR sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in large bowl until blended. Stir in yogurt and lime peel, if desired. Set aside 1 cup whipped topping; stir remaining whipped topping into lime mixture until thoroughly blended.
- PLACE one half of cake cubes in trifle dish or 2-quart bowl. Top evenly with 2 cups fruit and one half of lime mixture. Repeat all layers.
- COVER and refrigerate until serving time, at least 30 minutes. Garnish with reserved whipped topping and toasted coconut just before serving.
- *To toast coconut, spread in ungreased shallow pan; bake uncovered at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from pan to plate to cool.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 15mg, Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 31g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.