Sweet Potato Pound Cake
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 90 Minutes
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening Or 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk Or Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- SCRUB sweet potatoes and pierce skin with fork. Place on microwave-safe plate lined with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 8 to 9 minutes or until very soft, turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Mash enough pulp to measure 1 1/4 cups. Cool completely.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray. Beat shortening, sugar and orange peel in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl after each addition. Blend in sweet potato, sour cream and vanilla.
- STIR together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl. Gradually add to sweet potato mixture, beating just until blended. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into slices. Drizzle each slice with sweetened condensed milk or top with a dollop of marmalade or preserves.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 42g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.