Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
- Yield: 9 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 (6 oz.) mini loaf French bread, cubed (8 cups loosely packed)
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hungry Jack® Original Syrup
- Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Caramel Flavored Syrup
- Whipped topping
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spread bread cubes in single layer on 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until cubes are toasted. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Blend in sweetened condensed milk, dark corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir in toasted bread cubes and 1 cup pecans until evenly moistened. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Allow to stand 30 minutes.
- BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cooled with ice cream, syrup, caramel syrup or whipped topping, as desired.
- This recipe may be served as a dessert or a breakfast entree. To serve for dessert, top with ice cream, caramel syrup or whipped cream. For breakfast, serve warm drizzled with pancake syrup.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 9 servings), Calories 650 (Calories from Fat 310), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 175mg, Sodium 360mg, Total Carbohydrate 78g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 66g), Protein 13g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.