Marshmallow Nut Chocolate Cake
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Or 2 tablespoons Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows, halved
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Sundae Syrup™ Chocolate Flavored Syrup
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch (12-cup) fluted tube pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Beat in buttermilk and cocoa until well blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture. Beat at low speed until blended. Beat at medium speed 5 minutes. Stir in hot water. Batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 40 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Place cake, fluted side up, on serving plate. Cool 10 minutes.
- COMBINE powdered sugar, 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk and 2 tablespoons shortening. Beat at high speed until glossy and of desired spreading consistency. Spread over warm cake. Sprinkle with nuts and marshmallows. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serve warm or cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 15), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 80mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 85g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 60g), Protein 10g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.