Maple Walnut Ice Cream
- Yield: about 2 quarts
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 0 Minutes
- 2 cups (1 pt.) half-and-half
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted*
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- COMBINE all ingredients in ice cream freezer container; mix well
- FREEZE according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze leftovers.
- REFRIGERATOR-FREEZER METHOD
- OMIT half-and-half. Whip heavy cream. Combine sweetened condensed milk, nuts and maple flavoring in large bowl. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into 9 X 5-inch loaf pan or other 2-quart container; cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
- *To toast walnuts: Place walnuts in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/2 cup), Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 200), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 60mg, Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 20g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.