Key Lime Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 or 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat egg yolks in medium bowl on low speed of electric mixer. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk and lime juice until smooth. Blend in cream, lime peel and food coloring, if desired. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- BEAT egg whites and cream of tartar in medium bowl on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar on medium speed. Beat 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and stiff glossy peaks form. Spread over hot pie, carefully sealing to edge of crust to prevent meringue from shrinking.
- BAKE an additional 15 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned. Cool 1 hour on wire rack. Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 135mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 55g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 43g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 15%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.