Guava and Cream Cheese Dessert Bars
- Yield: 6 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, plus additional for drizzle
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet (1/2 of 17.3 oz. pkg.), thawed
- 1/2 cup guava paste
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and cornstarch in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute or until smooth and blended.
- ROLL pastry on floured surface with floured rolling pin to 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut in half crosswise, making two 9 x 6-inch rectangles. Place one half on prepared baking sheet. Stir guava paste until smooth. Spread onto pastry to within 1-inch of edge. Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over guava paste.
- BRUSH edges of pastry with beaten egg. Top with second half of pastry. Press edges with fork to seal. Cut six 4-inch slits diagonally in top of pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush top with beaten egg.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely. Cut into 6 bars. Drizzle with additional sweetened condensed milk just before serving, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 35mg, Sodium 270mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 28g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.