Glazed Apple Custard Pie
- Yield: 12 servings
- Nutrition: See Below
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium all-purpose apples, cored, pared and thinly sliced (3 1/2 cups)
- APPLE CINNAMON GLAZE
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Bake pie crust 15 minutes.
- BEAT sour cream and sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup apple juice, egg, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl until smooth. Pour into partially baked pie crust.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool.
- MELT butter in large skillet. Add apples; cook until crisp-tender. Arrange on top of pie.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup apple juice, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until boiling. Boil 1 minute. Drizzle over cooked apples. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of pie), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 135mg, Total Carbohydrate 37g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 27g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.